The NSW Government has modified its online advice in relation to remedial and therapeutic massage. The restriction on practice has now been relaxed.
The full details of the NSW advice is here:
The relevant extracts for NSW practitioners are as follows.
Healthcare is OPEN
Clients / patients should call ahead if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Doctors and medical centres
- Remedial or therapeutic massage services
At Sports & Deep Tissue we always endeavour to offer the highest standards for the treatments our clients receive, and this includes keeping our clinic space clean and tidy.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we all have been under a lot of stress as there is still no treatment for this virus. So its our job to ensure the spread of COVID-19 is minimised.
To do so, S&DT and it’s staff have taken several measures for the protection of our clients and team:
- All therapists and receptionists have undertaken the infection control training course offered by the government as well as installing the COVIDSafe app.
- Therapists are all making sure to keep hands clean regularly before and after seeing each client.
- Hand sanitisers are available at reception for clients entering and leaving our premises.
- Therapists are making sure that all towels are being disposed after each treatment and tables are wiped with disinfectants after every session.
- All common areas are being wiped with disinfectant wipes including reception desk, door knobs, light switches, pens, hicaps terminals, etc.
- Therapists are being asked to not attend work if they feel unwell or have been in contact with anyone who has been infected with COVID-19.
The clinic will remain open for as long as possible to help our clients going through difficult times of such stress.
Given the nature of our services, it is required that clients feeling unwell do not come for sessions, you should stay at home. If you need to cancel, please do so in advance to help other clients who might be in need to see a therapist as well.
Thank you for your support and lets work together to help stop the spread of the virus so we can all go back to our normal lives again.